This is a rod for myself that I have had the blank for about 2 years now but just never had the chance to get it built up. Well lately I have been bustin my butt to get caught up on customer rods and finally was to the point of being able to sneak some of my own rods into the mix. So this one is fresh off the bench and I plan to put it to the test in about a week on the Au Sable. Blank is a Wayne Cattanach taper 8ft 5wt blank hand spilt cane made by my good fried and fishing buddy Bob Farrand of Splitcaneblanks.com and it casts&looks beautiful. Bob did an excellent job on this blank and I couldn't be more pleased with it.

Reel seat is Hawaiian Koa wood set in Struble D1 hardware behind a Fenwick style grip. I used a smooth polished aluminum winding check & chrome double foot guides, and Agate stripper guide. Wraps are Garnet with med brown trim and I also did a "half & Half" style wrapping on the ferules. Wraps I finished in Minwax spar varnish. I matched it up with a S-handle reel and some Orvis 5wt DT Floating line.

I'm very pleased with the rod, the look as well as the feel are exactly what I was wanting so this rod is gonna be a lot of fun playin with some trout this year.

Steve