I just wanted to thank everyone who helped out with my build. For those that don't remember, I built a 2wt Batson Forecast with a Marine Corps Dress Blues theme.
I was going to wait for him to come up and visit me, but because of circumstances out of his, or my, control, he may not be able to come this year. It's his birthday on Saturday, so I thought, what the heck, I'll just send it to him.
Well, I got a phone call from him yesterday about a box that arrived from me, of all people. He asked if he could open it and I said for him to go ahead.
The sounds coming out of the reciever almost made me wish that I'd waited to give it to him in person. He has a laugh that he does when he's a bit speechless, and I heard it more times than I wanted to count. I got text messages and phone calls repeating how much he is blown away by the rod. He even held it up to his Dress Blues and says that it matches perfectly!
He is taking it fishing this weekend for his birthday.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who posted with helpful hints, suggestions, thoughts, anything. I couldn't have done it without you guys. I hope I get to meet each and every one of you guys sometime so I can look you in the eye, shake your hand, and thank you properly.

TT.