+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Abolene cleansing cream

Default Abolene cleansing cream

Has anyone tried this stuff as a fly floatant? I read a newspaper article and this guy swears by it.

jk,

'ALBOLENE' works as well as almost any floatant out there. Lifetime supply and all you have to do is transfer it from its container to a smaller one.

Allan

[This message has been edited by tyeflies (edited 19 April 2006).]

Hey Vocelli,

And don't forget that the fake eyelashes make wonderful tails on those dry flies! Hehehehehehehe!!!!!

Might as well make the most of your shopping trip and get it all at once.

Can you just imagine what the check out clerk is thinking when you lay all your girly girl stuff on the counter?

Ya, I'm tying flies with all this stuff!

Suuuuuuuuurrrrreee Yaaa Arrrrrrreee, you Freeeeeeak!!!!!! aaahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    "The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be." - John Gierach

Also get some 40% hydrogen peroxide and some Clairol white to bleach those fly tying materials.

I use Albolene as a floatant on braided leaders....works good for me. I bought a jar about 4 years ago and I've still got another 4 years of supply I s'pose.

------------------
    It's a wonderful day today! I woke up this morning "Good to go". So much to do, so little time.

Nail polish remover is basically acetone. You can buy it by the the pint or larger in the hardware store cheaper than the beauty supply.

Dr Bob
    Bob Widmaier

My biggest fear when I die is that my wife will sell my fly fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it!

While you're at it, why not some of those glue-on fingernails for some spoon flys

------------------
    "The day after tomorrow is the third day of the rest of your life"
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements.
    --- Horace Kephart

Forget the eyelashes as a replacement for micro fibbets. Paint brushes are almost the same material and they are much cheaper than false eyelashes. They also come in a good variety of colors for tailing material.

------------------
    Fish more, work less!

While you are already there, getting the strangest stares from everyone, might as well get one of these implements of mass embarrassment!

It is a brass toothed eyelash brush, but it is the best tool I have found for getting the underfur out of my deer hair and other critters, to use the guard hairs. ~Parnelli

Microfibets were introduced because a lot of people starting buying paint brushes to make flies with the bristles. They are essentially the same thing, but of course you have to buy a paintbrush with the right kind of bristle on it.

+ Reply to Thread