+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PERCEPTIONS CAN BE REALLY FUNNY THINGS - Readers Cast (Roger Murray) - May 09, 2011

Blog Entries

Default PERCEPTIONS CAN BE REALLY FUNNY THINGS - Readers Cast (Roger Murray) - May 09, 2011

PERCEPTIONS CAN BE REALLY FUNNY THINGS

It was the first day of the Central Washington fish in. My good friend Jeff W and I headed out early in the morning on a quest for bluegills. We spent most of the morning fishing the deeper waters on the west end of Stan Coffin Lake near the reed bundles hoping for some early spring bluegills.

I remember with fondness that day, Roger. Will you be joining us in Ephrata again this year?

Jeff W.

Great read, Gnu. Enjoyed it immensly. I, too, remember fishing Stan Coffin for the wiley giggle fish. I think we may have stumbled on your "honey hole".

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Enjoyed it alot! Funny how things are quite often not what we think. Sounds like a great day on the water as well

Blog Entries

Ron , The beaver dam is a real honey hole and quite deep and full of gills the area My story relates to was near where we put our various floating craft in the water. Just a piece of the shoreline and less than a foot deep. My fondest memories is the next day falling asleep near the shallow middle part of the lake in my pontoon boat where the rocks stick out of the water. I hooked a fin on the weeds for an anchor and slept for almost 2 hours. When I woke up I could hear VEE giggling her head off along with several others as they fished the beaver dam. Totally made my day. The evident joy they were having was simply infectious.

I hope to make Ephrata , its still up in the air, If gas is still below $20.00 a gallon by then I might make it.
    For God's sake, Don't Quote me! I'm Probably making this crap up!

We'd love to see you, Roger!

Jeff

+ Reply to Thread