Thread: TXL 1wt. Sage (Custom Built)

Threaded View

Default TXL 1wt. Sage (Custom Built)

For sale is my newly built Sage TXL 1wt. 7'10" 3pc. fly rod. I was asking $330.00 but I will now take $300.00 (obo) shipped to the lower 48 states. I just finished this rod about 2 weeks ago and I have test cast it off of my dock about a half dozen times. The rod has a spalted maple seat that I turned and black orvis slip rings as found on the superfine series. The rod has single foot black pacific bay guides and a Fuji black #8 Alconite stripper. The wraps are olive. The grip is a Struble Ultrafine Flor grade turned down to blend into the reel seat. It's a very light setup. Instead of using a traditional winding check I did an epoxy cone similar to the Orvis superfine rods which turned out beautifully! Sorry for the low grade pictures. I can attempt to take further pictures with a low grade digital camera upon request. I also have a corresponding Sage Quiet Double II 1wt. line that I would throw in for an additional $20. The line has been used for 1 season on my Dan Craft 1wt. I would say that it has at least 1 more season on the side I was using and could be turned around to fish the other side for another 2 seasons. I will accept payment via paypal and feel free to contact me at coltrane45@hotmail.com if you have any questions! You can see further postings regarding this build under the rod building section here: http://ultralightflyfishi...topic/4746/TXL-1wt-Build

Here are some photos: (the last photo displays the rod which is placed on the right).

Last edited by sagebass; 05-03-2011 at 04:00 PM.