+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warning to squirrels

Quote Originally Posted by maodiver View Post
    Why bring the cat in??? Let it kill the fuzzy little rat...that'l teach him...I got it!!! Then you can rename the cat Seal Team 6...the Fuzzy Rat Killer!!
    I lke that. But the truth is that my wife and I run a daycare, kids like to see cat chase squirrel, not sure of reaction when I shoot squirrel. So shooting time is limited, but there are 2 lil boys that we take care of that always say they are shooting zombies. Tell them the squirrels on the bird feeders are zombies?????
    "Next to a healthy 10 pound carp a brook trout can look like a minnow in a clown suit"

I may have the smartest squirrels of all, they have learned some of Newton's laws of physics, "for each action there is a equal and opposite reaction." One of my hanging feeders is about 16 ft. off the ground, they can jump to the feeder but they can't make the jump back to the deck and fall 16 ft. to the ground. One lesson usually does them.
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 05-05-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegill222 View Post
    Hold on, back up, you have to dye them. I've spent years sitting in the woods waiting for a chartreuse squirrel to come along. Geez, I feel so stupid...
    Thanks Bluegill, now I have to clean coffee off my computer screen. I thought that everyone knew that chartreuse squirrels can only be found in Normand's neck of the woods, around Norwich Connecticut. If you were waiting anywhere else in hope of bagging a chartreuse squirrel, it was a total waste of time. 8T

Quote Originally Posted by EdD View Post
    Popperfly,
    Did you stick a woodchuck in a tree to make that picture?
    That is one fat tree rat.
    And the forefeet look like hooves...

Ed
    Ed - You beat me to that one - that's exactly what I thought when I saw that pic! LOL!!

Eric - I think you got FlyFish Dog and me mixed up - or not! Anyway - no one I know eats rats - Muskrats maybe!

Best regards, Dave S.
    Last edited by fishdog54; 05-07-2011 at 02:08 AM.

Not to put a damper on the thread, but it is not wise to use Vaseline, Pam or any other grease where birds can come in contact with it. It will reduce the waterproofing an insulating qualities of their oiled feathers which could kill them.

Today one of my fat gray squirrels got hung up on one of the feeders and paniced as I approached the feeder. In desperation it jumped for the fence 15+ feet away missing its mark only to crash land on a thorn bush.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread