This year I have been buying some new things for my cabin upnorth and I wanted to get a new lamp for a new end table I just bought for up there. Well after looking around and seeing what sort of "fly fishing themed" table lamps were out there and the crazy prices some of these places charge for them, I decided to make my own since I knew I could make something much better for about 1/4 the cost of what is available to buy. So While I was waiting for some parts for some customers rods to come in today I whipped this up for my cabin.

Started with a 11"x16" unfinished oval Basswood base and stained it, then mounted a 24" tall rustic fence post to it. Bought a small old creel off of ebay to use on it, a wood net from a local sports shop, a Pflueger Sal Trout reel, a seat & grip I had sitting around the shop. Then for the "rod" I wanted it to look like an old Bamboo rod so I used a piece of 3/8 dowel rod and flamed it & stained it so it looked like an old cane rod. Added some "greenery" and some river stones to the base and topped it off with a moose & black bear shade off ebay. For the finishing touch I used an old pewter trout from my dad's old key chain (who is now long passed away) since it has been sitting in my desk drawer for over 15 yrs.

Should make a nice handmade addition to the fishing cabin when I head up in a few weeks.

Steve