Took the day to share the water with friends and put them onto some fish (their first time on the water this year); originally planned to fish the Potomac for shad, but 2" of rain on Friday left it high and muddy. Didn't plan to do fish myself, but they seemed happy enough to be left to their own muses and there was (surprisingly) plenty of open water so I tied one on and got my boots wet. Not much in the way of bugs early on, some midges and a couple small, dark caddis (grannoms?); no luck with CDC & Elk, switched to peacock bodied Convertible, got one small brown and a couple near misses. Started playing around with the attractor box to see what else would work, took a couple more browns on a green-butt Lochsa Special (guess these browns thought they were Idaho west slopes), missed a pretty nice one on an orange-butt version, then as the rain picked up, saw some March Browns and what looked like Hendricksons coming off. Switched to a parachute, biot bodied March Brown, got one dink, then put on a March Brown Viz-a-dun, caught a nice rainbow (stocker, but very nicely colored) and a good brown in consecutive pools. Finally met up with my friends; they had done pretty well, too, and we decided to call it a day. Sorry, no pics; rain was a bit hard and my camera's not waterproof. Hope you all had as much fun this weekend.

Regards,
Scott