HELP:

I've been searching for a book containing fly fishing stories/essays. It's an older book and I believe the editor was Nick Lyons. Unfortunately I do not know the name of the author or the book in which the story/essay originally appeared. Here's a short gist of the story line as I recall(been a long time and this may not be totally correct):

Fly fisherman goes to an auction to get a table, or maybe a chair, for his wife. There, while looking over the furniture he sees a bunch rod cases. When he opens the cases and examines the contents he finds boo flyrods by famous rod builders. His attention and anticipation goes to the rods especially since the auction advertisement did not mention them. However, shortly before they are auctioned, many fly fishermen appear and he is outbid on all but one rod. Upset and annoyed, he forgets about the furniture and goes home. Later in the story he wakes up in the hospital, I think. His wife tells him that she thought he was going to die so she gave the flyrod to his friend. It was his friend that he had outbid for the rod back when. -

Well, the story went something like that.

Anyone know the story, the author and the name of the book? OR, in which of Nick Lyons' books does the story appear?

Thanks for your help.

Allan