Joe not sure how to get ahold of you so i'll try this. First off I enjoy your warm water articles and on the most recent one you asked if that was a wiper. I'm certainly no expert but I'd say it looks like one to me. They say the best way to tell the difference is to look at the fishes tounge. White bass will have a single dark blotch and wipers will have 2 blotches. Wipers deffinately fight harder than the white bass. I'm in Topeka and fish Lake Shawnee in my tube quite abit. They stock it with trout in the spring and fall plus you got all the typical warm water species typical in KS. In mid spring the Callibaetis start hatching. These are good sz flies with 12's and 14's being predominant. If you hit a good hatch its not uncommon to hook 20 or more trout. One day I was running behind schedule and got to the lake later than intended. There was still some callies hatching but from all the shucks you could tell it had been one of those major hatches that lasts for hours. Jumped in my tube and put on an emerger pattern that works well for this hatch. First cast and bam. Thought I had a real lunker trout. After a hard fight on the 4 wt I landed a wiper about 2 1/2 lbs. Ok, that was fun. Figured it was probably a fluke so I cast out again in hopes of hooking a trout. A couple short strips and bam, another wiper. Awesome fighters. Anways I caught 11 or 12 wipers in a row on the emerger pattern that were from 2 to 4 lbs. I figured the trout might of been there at the beginning of the hatch and the wipers probably moved in later on and ran the trout off. My shoulder was hurting so bad from fighting those fish, I had to quit! I've caught some bigger wipers before but that was probably the most fun catching one after another on an emerger pattern. I look forward to more of your stories. Terry

------------------
Terry Quality flies~ great prices..www.teflyfishing.com