"The federal government is planning to eliminate funding to nine Federal fish hatcheries in GA, TN, KY, UT, MO, ND, and AR, which will result in their closure."

Being from Florida, I really don't have a dog in this fight, but someone needs to step up and take this on. This could have a devastating effect on the tailwater fisheries and have lasting economic repercussions. Quite honestly, I think it should be up to the states to fund the operation of the fish hatcheries since the economic benefits acrue to the states. The Feds do have some mitigation responsibility under the agreements put in place when the dams were originally built, but this could be resolved by donating the fishery facilities to the states.

There needs to be an organization put together like the coastal states put together the CCA to take on this problem. I don't think just signing a petition is going to get it. It should be an easy arguement that the economic benefits outweigh the costs of running the hatcheries, however, someone needs to advance the arguement on a multi state level.