+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New waders leaking...what should I do?

Send them back and buy yourself a pair of Simms.
    The man who coined the phrase "Money can't buy happiness", never bought himself a good fly rod!

I agree with Scoter, most likly you have been having accidents inside your waders. Try Depends, if that is not the solution Orvis makes a mighty fine wader.

Hi Ripper. Do not hesitate a moment. Call, get your RA and send those waders back. In my case with my defective Hodgmans, I had the replacement waders in my hands in ONE week, and a check very shortly thereafter for the freight. Cabelas will stand behind what they sell. State your case clearly, politely, and not to worry. They'll do the right thing! ( and I'm not an employee!)
    Bob
    Good Tying and Good Fishing!
    Bob

thanks for the advice guys, i'm now waiting on them to send me a paid postage so i don't get charged for shipping them back...

I'd like to buy SIMMS but they are pricey and i am a poor college student. I think i'll give cabelas another shot and see if they can't give me a decent pair.

Unfortunately part of what you are experiencing is an "outsourcing" problem.

Company wants to sell waders. They come up with a design or work with supplier to come up with a design. Design gets bid on by X number of suppliers (all Chinese). Low bid comes in and company buys Y number. Since stuff is coming out of China it generally comes in 1 lot.

Now the "Company" has Y number of waders, no service, and no real insight as to quality controls. As stuff starts coming back, what do they do??? Send you a new pair... right???? It's strictly luck of the draw and how good the quality control was in the first place as to wether you get another leaker or a good pair.

No... they don't repair waders.

No... I'm pretty sure Simms doesn't make waders any more... they order them from China... just like "C", and "BPS", and "O", and everyone else!!!

Welcome to the new world economy.

Ralph

The real hint.... check recommendations for EXACT BRAND AND MODEL.

R.

+ Reply to Thread