+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drink Up!

Default Drink Up!

There's been a big fracking accident in PA. Thousands of gallons of chemical soup running all over open ground and straight to the nearest waterway.

Drill baby, drill!

http://www.wnep.com/wnep-brad-leroy-...,1884646.story

Sigh!! Yes, the saga continues! Very depressing!

Best regards, Dave S.

"No adverse effects on the Towanda Creek..."

In the mean time this fish kill on a Class A stream was barely reported, I guess becuse it had NOTHING to do with fracking.

BTW - A shout out and congratulations to Washington, DC for hitting the $5 a gallon price for gas a full month before Memorial Day!! At this rate, you may be lucky enought to hit $6!!

Drill baby drill!!!

Not sure how gas prices in DC are even tangentially related to a fracking spill in PA, but thanks for playing.

For what it's worth, I've not seen fracking for natural gas have any impact whatsoever on gas prices, either nationally, or locally in the areas where the stuff is drilled. Whether they drill or not, gas prices continue to climb (in fact, they're climbing while the fracking is still going on). And if they WERE somehow related, I'd be happy to pay $5-6/gal for gasoline to keep the fracking out of my area.

Dave,

It is depressing...I can only hope that a few isolated incidents like this will be all it takes for the people and their elected officials to make a stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Featherbender View Post
    I can only hope that a few isolated incidents like this will be all it takes for the people and their elected officials to make a stand.
    Yup, that's exactly what they are, a few isolated incidents!

Maybe we should sensationalize non incidents and see how the numbers stack-up in comparison. And after that examine the actual versus the suspected impact. But hey, those numbers may confuse the rhetoric.

And while correlations between gas drilling and the price of gasoline may be a bit far fetched, the analogy between doing nothing, as in regards to oil exploration and the cost of fuel and doing something couldn't be any clearer; just look at the stability in the price of natural gas in the last year.

Drill baby drill is what I told my elected officials in PA. Maybe I'll get myself a car that burns natural gas and let the windmill gang pay $6 a gallon for gasoline!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post
    <snip> Maybe I'll get myself a car that burns natural gas and let the windmill gang pay $6 a gallon for gasoline!
    Would a ghost car burn supernatural gas?

Sorry, I'll try to behave now.
    Ed

Okay, Bamboozle. I hope they trash your trout streams first with their isolated incidents. Your drinking water too. And your local municipality's water supply.

Funny, for how isolated they are, I seem them getting dismissed as 'isolated' all over the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Featherbender View Post
    Okay, Bamboozle. I hope they trash your trout streams first with their isolated incidents. Your drinking water too. And your local municipality's water supply.

It hasn't happened yet, despite how hard the opposition is praying it does.
    Last edited by Bamboozle; 04-21-2011 at 09:28 PM.

These are not isolated incidents--many go undetected by the general public and the media. It seems the only people in favor of frack drilling are the ones that own land and are making money off of it. I live in an area where there is a lot of gas drilling. Periodically, I ask anyone if they know of a person that has a job or even a person that knows of a person that has a job with a local company and the answer is always no. It's not providing jobs or gas locally. I've also read that much of this fracked gas is being sold to China--imagine that. Our PA governor was elected by people that got rich off of fracking and he's now indebted to them. Why do you think he refuses to tax them. We better wake up in this state and country. This is my last post on the subject because I can't win and you can't win, only money and greed wins.

Quote Originally Posted by lastchance View Post
    I've also read that much of this fracked gas is being sold to China--imagine that.
    The United States selling something to China--imagine that!

+ Reply to Thread