Well I'd rather not have it done at all in my area, as it's been proven over the past several years that the companies doing this here have no interest at all in anything but the quick dollar. Anyone who cares to read the news can find environmental regs violations every week, and at least one big fiasco like this one every month. A few months ago, they found out that raw, untreated fluid was being dumped straight from trucks into local waterways that provide drinking water downstream. It's gotten so bad in some areas that the treatment plants are unable to accept any more fluid because they simply can't handle material that is so polluted.

I hope that our environmental regs will eventually make it too prohibitively expensive for these companies to do this in PA.

If it were done responsibly consistently, without these accidents every week, I might feel differently, but as it stands, I am not willing to trade clean water for a minor, temporary economic boost to a very few people (namely only landowners of well sites, and tangentially, retailers of food, lodging, and other goods to the out of state workers).