+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How To Waste 4 Full Months...

Hybrid View

Default How To Waste 4 Full Months...

Many of you know that I had surgery to fuse my ankle last December. Well, its been 4+ months of pain and swelling only to have the doctor tell me yesterday that the fusion was a failure and now we get to start all over again. Sometimes life really does suck...sigh.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

That does suck. I've had a similar proceedure done on my ankle. The recovery is a bear even when it works. I can only imagine your frustration.
    If it swims and eats, it'll eat a fly.

Oh whoa, not good news and I think I'd be looking for another orthopedic doctor. Like today. So very sorry Kelly.
    Will keep you in our prayers.
    Hugs,
    LF

Dang, Kelly, that is some bad news. I was hoping to see some pics of you, Buzz and the kids out on your favorite spring creeks this summer. Your in our thoughts for a great outcome.

On a side note, it was nice to see you at the East Idaho Fly Tying and Fishing Expo in Idaho Falls. Watching you tie is always a treat and learning experience. It was also nice to meet your side kick, Buzz, in person.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Sorry to hear that Kelly, I hope starting again works for you this time!
    All the best.
    Mike

My heart goes out to you Kelly. That really is some crumby news. I'll keep you in my prayers.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Quote Originally Posted by kglissmeyer View Post
    Many of you know that I had surgery to fuse my ankle last December. Well, its been 4+ months of pain and swelling only to have the doctor tell me yesterday that the fusion was a failure and now we get to start all over again. Sometimes life really does suck...sigh.

Kelly.
    Dang I hate hearing that!! It's frustrating as blazes when one of your wheels is on the fritz. Especially when everything else works reasonably well. Where are those guys that rebuilt the $6M dollar man when you need them? Did your Doc tell you why the repair failed? What's the strategy now? GHAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhh!! I feel your frustration. I'm just 7 miles down the road, and if you need me for anything, just holler. I have a boat that we could use to drag some buggers behind if you're inclined. Probably doesn't beat whatever's second best, but at least it's fishing. Seriously, if you need a hand with anything, give me a shout.
    They're just fish, right? Right?

Awww KG that really sucks! I'm very sorry to hear that.
    Hang in there though, it will get better and then just think of the points you'll have saved up by being such a good sport.

Rich
    "Growin up leads to growin old and then to dyin. Dyin to me don't sound like all that much fun." J Mellencamp

Boy that's tough. I saw my wife go through hip replacement and know how hard that rehab was but it was successful. I can't imagine waiting 4 months to find out you have to do it again. If you haven't done so, run a little recon on you surgeron and see if any negative comes up. You cannot afford not to have the best doctor available.

How are you fixed for reading material, I can send you some antique paperback that are buried somewhere here in the basement.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Kelly, Sorry to hear this. I hope they can get it right and get you back on the water. We will continue to pray for you. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

+ Reply to Thread