+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To Waste 4 Full Months...

Sorry to hear of your setback. If I were closer to you I would come by with the boat and take you lake fishing.
    "The reason you have a good vision is you're standing on the shoulders of giants." ~ Andy Batcho

Kelly,

Yikes! Hope everything goes well for you - my dad had his ankle fused after a mining accident! I have (some) idea as to what you are going through! All the best Kelly!

Best regards, Dave S.

It stinks being broken. Hope the 2nd round goes clean and without a hitch. Sorry to hear you'll miss out on time on the water.

My Best!

I was afraid that you didn't have good news, since we haven't been hearing much from your rehab. Keep your chin up and try the next thing, and keep us posted - we all care.

Thanks, everyone for the well wishes. This is really frustrating as well as a bit discouraging. As the old saying goes, "Time heals all wounds, and wounds all heels", and I guess this applies to me on both counts .

My surgeon appears to be top-notch, but I can say that I am a bit concerned. He has no history of problems. His nurse said this was only the second failure of this type surgery she had seen in the last eight years in his employ. The Dr. called yesterday and said it appeared I had contracted a low-grade infection (determined from the blood tests he just ran) which caused the reversal in my recovery about mid-way. Problem is now it looks like a possibility of three more surgeries! One to clean out the infection, one to take out the hardware (screws) from the original operation, and one more to install new hardware. Not looking too good for complete recovery any time soon, sigh...

Just have to keep on keepin' on...

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

+ Reply to Thread