+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The new Korker OmniTrax

Hybrid View

Default The new Korker OmniTrax

Hey guys, well my good old Korker convertables finally died on me last fall after a solid 6-7 yrs of use. One of the best wading boots I have owned so now I'm in the market for another pair of Korkers. I see they have changed the design of the way the soles interchange now and have a new system called OmniTrax 3.0

Just wondering if anyone here has korkers with that style sole system now and how you like the way the soles fit, stay on...better or worse than the old sole attachment system?

Thanks for any feedback.

Steve

I'm in the same boat as you! But mine aren't completely destroyed yet. After this season I'm sure I'll definitely be buying a pair. I've been doing my homework on these and I'm pretty sure about Metalheads but also considering the Redsides. Just a tossup between the Boa laces or standard.

From what I've seen and heard from friends with them that they kick butt. The soles cover the entire bottom and the locking system works wonderfully. They definitely stay on better than the old system from the looks of things. I almost broke down and bought a pair a few months ago, but found a studded felt replacement sole for 5$ and that will last one more season.
    Born to fish, Forced to Work!

Please deliver me to the weekend!

Yep the Redsides are actually the model I'm thinking of buying. For $99 they seem like a pretty good deal.

i like the old ones (uppers are still serviceable) , anyone know if the old original style soles are still out there and available to buy?
    Please, support Project Healing Waters....Thank You

When all else fails, call Korkers and ask?
    LF

Have a pair with the Boa Lace and love them. Heard some had problem with the Boa system bu tI have used them rather hard for going on three years now and no problem. Both fishing and duck hunting so they got a decent work out and performed well. I like them so much I bought another similiar pair of boots to store so when mine do bite the dust I will have them for replacement in case similiar is no longer made. Tried to do same with pair of Rocky hunting boots but they stopped making the model I wanted before I acted. Like someone said. If you find something you really like get a lifetime supply before they either improve or discontinue it.

+ Reply to Thread