Several years ago (5-6) I was in a swap on this forum. One of the guys in the swap was running a bit late on his flies and sent some small midges (20's and 22's) to each swap participant. He was apologetic because the the simplicity of the fly itself. If I remember correctly, I received 4 of the midges. I put them in my flybox hoping to put them to use some day. About a week later I was fishing my favorite tailrace. At the time I was relatively new to this type of fishing, having honed my skills on Catch and Release streams thus far. About mid day I decided to try the midges. It was unreal! Since then, my fishing has almost become one dimensional as I primarily use a dry with midge dropper. I have a very great appreciation for the effectiveness of the midge.

If you have not midge fished very much I want to encourage you to give it a try, provided you have waters that are conducive to midge fishing.

Here's the deal ...... if there are 6 people who would appreciate a small sample pack of midges I will gladly send them. All I need is your address. These are not fancy, intricate midges. They are simple but effective. Some will have small tungsten bead heads, some will not. Each pack will have 5-6 midges. Would prefer these to go to those who have not midge fished before. First 6 to respond will get them. Please pm me your address.

This site has been a great source of help and education for me. I continue to be amazed by the generous nature many on this board share.

Thanks for everything.

Greg