+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

Hybrid View

Default Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

It's a day before THAT day, TAX DAY, and I am preparing to prepare my return. It's where MY hard earned is rationed off to those who sat on their a___s while I worked half a day EVERY day. Oh, and I almost forgot, some pot holes were repaired. NO, I am NOT getting anything back. Being self employed, I pay quarterly estimates and NO WAY wil I/ have I ever paid more than I estimate my tax will be. I HAVE paid less and been charged a penalty but even that was better than overpaying.
    I will deposit my return at approximayely 11:59 PM tomorrow to a LIVE person assuring an on time postmark.
    Am I the ONLY one here who pushes the envelope or are a few waiting till tomorrow?

Mark

Marco,

I checked to be double sure, but you have until the 18th this year because they didn't get the table ready on time.

IRS Kicks Off 2011 Tax Season with Deadline Extended to April 18;
    Last edited by Uncle Jesse; 04-15-2011 at 12:30 AM.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Blog Entries

I second that...this year it is the 18th

Our refund is already back and already converted to tuition. We usually owe, so now we have to look seriously at my withholdings. After all, a refund just means I loaned that money, interest free, to the government all year. Waiting until the last second to file makes sense if you owe, and no sense at all if you are getting money back.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Gents,
    Just goes to show ya what workin half a day EVERY day will do . Today is the first day I've come home "early" to put my tax situation to bed. I honestly was unaware of the extended deadline. THANK YOU for the information. I can relax a bit now and have those "three fingers" I've been putting off till I finished. Will finish tomorrow.

Mark

I've been doing estimated taxes for the past decade or so. A real PITA compared to our wage slave friends. I decided early on that, instead of going through their complicated calculations each quarter, I would just take last year's tax % off the top line of my earnings and send it to them. This saved me a lot of time and agony. It worked just fine for all but two years. One where I got a big check in the 4tyh quarter and ended up paying a penalty. One where a deal fell through and I got a big refund.

Those of you who earn a salary and only have to do your taxes once a year do not realize how easy you have it. But those of us who are self employed can get the waters to ourselves on Wednesdays.

+ Reply to Thread