Thread: Redemption canal 4-13-11 SE MI

Threaded View

Default Redemption canal 4-13-11 SE MI

REDEMPTION!!! after a disappointing showing at one of my favorite spring canals the other day I tried it again today. 70 degree temps and little wind made it a no brainer. Had to get out again today before the next front rolls through. Got out to canal which is an old delapitated marina canal that is now about 2" feet due to the muck on the bottom and seen carp in there HEAVY. along with carp come bass and panfish looking to an easy meal when the carp kick up the muck..Again tried everything. Seems every year they like a different fly and it takes some time to figure it out. This year is olive green and brown wooly buggers. The brown one got a really nice largemouth before I lost it on some old marina debris. Changed to a olive wooly bugger and got a real nice carp. Before the carp I was beggining to think perhaps i wasnt seeing or feeling the strikes. there were a lot of carp just not making the connection. Well this one left no doubt as to a strike or not. Hit it like a frieght train! Not a great day on the canal but Ill take it for mid April in Michigan
    Attached Images Attached Images