+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "A place to ask about..." Northville NY area

Hybrid View

Default "A place to ask about..." Northville NY area

I just made reservations at a place in the southern end of the Adirondacks near Northville NY for our 25th anniversary the last week of September. Now I don't believe in asking folks where I should fish...who would divulge the best spots anyway...so I'm doing my own research on where I think I should try fishing.

My question here is the opposite. Are there any places I should avoid like the plague? I have no problem with asking that to save a little wasted effort.

I don't know how much fishing I'll get in, but I plan to try.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

PA Dave,

Will you be going further north at all? - Plattsburgh, Lake Placid, Saranac Lake area ?

Best regards, Dave S.

My only word of caution is that the weather can get cold and rainy during that time of year. My fishing buddies and I have scheduled trips during the third week of September for about 7 years running and only once was it not cold and rainy. Last year it rained so hard we couldn't wade in the Ausable for two out of four days. Hope the weather changes this year. We've decided to move our annual trip two weeks earlier in the hopes of better weather. Best of luck to you and Happy 25th!

Quote Originally Posted by fishdog54 View Post
    PA Dave,

Will you be going further north at all? - Plattsburgh, Lake Placid, Saranac Lake area ?

Best regards, Dave S.
    Realistically, probably not for fishing since this is our anniversary trip and, sadly, my wife does not share the passion, though she is sympathetic. I know we will be exploring some.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford

nighthawk Guest

Congratulations to you and your lovely bride! Hey that is a great part of the country to explore too. Nothing wrong with not being able to fish either. Pamper her and you will be rewarded very richly many times over.

This is probably the closest fly shop. http://www.flyshack.com/ContactUs.aspx

I find it encouraging that no one has any places to avoid like the plague. We are really looking forward to it as neither of us has been to the Adirondacks. Nighthawk, when I assured her that I didn't plan of fishing the whole time, she told me I better do some fishing! Is it any wonder I love this woman?

+ Reply to Thread