Zac,
I use a similar line, fireline crystal for my leaders. The 6lb test is suitable for for a 6-8wt but for my 4 weight I use the 4lb test and my 2 wt I use the 2 lb test. The fusion line is the only material I have found that has stood up to a whole season of skinny water tributary king salmon. The strength and abrasion resistance is amazing. The lack of stretch is good news and bad. The bad is that the line does not want to stay in a tight furl, so I furl it twice. Ater the first twisting, I let it unfurl with hanging weights following the Kathy Scott technique, then I put the leader back on the board and furl it again to about 15% reduction. The leader stays tighter after the second furl. The extra work is worth it. The good part about the low stretch is the leader will not curl up on you after putting extra pressure on the line to undo a snag. Mono is notorious for curling up after snagging something. I have never used spiderwire but I have a feeling that it is very similar to the fireline crystal. I love the leader material but I am sure there is a lot of personal prefernce as well. But, to quote my son after he first used a fireline leader....."Dad, these leaders will turn over a Volkswagon"
I still have not figured out how to tie on a Volkswagon.
caribe