I 've been hearing a few things lately and just thought I'd pass 'em on.........

I heard Sears and JC Penny's have collaborated on their company picnics this year. The board has decided on having the get-together at DePuys spring creek in Paradise Valley just south of Livingston. Polyester shirts with collars please.

Imitation crab meat is now legal in the flies and lures Gold Medal stretch of the South Platte river near Deckers.

Steve Tyler has taken up fly fishing and has bought up Whiting Farms. Tom was last seen out the door in purple lace-up platform shoes humming tunes from the album "Get A Grip".

....and Lefty Kreh hurt his foot last year while giving Tango lessons to Gordon Lightfoot at The Met Tournament in south Florida.

A snelled #8 Eagle Claw bait holder hook is for tying dry flies.

Ernie Schwiebert bought his fishing hats on ehats.com and his Icelandic wool sweaters at Target.

Did you know that Carrie Stevens chewed Beechnut and used just a smidge to secure JC nails to her Gray Ghosts.

That...Jimmy Houston invented the blood knot for tying tapered leaders and Bill Dance just bought a Sage 509-4 TCX for his upcoming blooper vid "Fly Fishin' With Bill".

Walmart is selling Orvis CFO III's for $29.95.

Zane Grey caught a 1495 lb. Blue Marlin on a Snoopy Rod using 10 # Berkley XL.

Did you know that furled leaders were invented by a hair dresser? She came up with the idea twirling her finger in a costumers hair!

or that you can play "Oh Susanna" on your fly rod while casting the new Sci-Anglers Sharkskin fly line. It's in the key of C.

Theodore Gordon used kool-aid to dye his flank feathers for his Quill Gordons.

Oh no! Bob Clouser has a steel plate in his head after suffering repeated TBI injuries hitting himself in the back of the head with a fly he invented.

The Catskill Fly Fishing Museum is being moved to Hoboken N.J. to attract more visitors.

Wow! FFF and TU have been purchased by BASS. GET READY TOO RUM...BULL!

Rocky Mountain News...Flip Pallot used scuba gear to dry fly fish Cheesman Canyon and the Henry's Fork RRR with sz. #24 olive doublewing sidewinder duns. Said he had to really tighten up his loops casting sidearm under water in the "Glory Hole".

and the Wizard just stopped by and told me this one: Some Orvis guide caught a 15 lb. Permit on a Raghead Crab in Henry's Lake, Idaho. New state record! Oh..and he sez the CDOW is stocking Bonefish in the stadium stretch of the Platte River in down town Denver. He heard that a special Bonefish Stamp is required in addition to your normal Colorado fishing license. Strict enforcement of the new requirements will be applied and big fines given to violators.

You heard any good ones?