+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumor has it...

Default Rumor has it...

I 've been hearing a few things lately and just thought I'd pass 'em on.........

I heard Sears and JC Penny's have collaborated on their company picnics this year. The board has decided on having the get-together at DePuys spring creek in Paradise Valley just south of Livingston. Polyester shirts with collars please.

Imitation crab meat is now legal in the flies and lures Gold Medal stretch of the South Platte river near Deckers.

Steve Tyler has taken up fly fishing and has bought up Whiting Farms. Tom was last seen out the door in purple lace-up platform shoes humming tunes from the album "Get A Grip".

....and Lefty Kreh hurt his foot last year while giving Tango lessons to Gordon Lightfoot at The Met Tournament in south Florida.

A snelled #8 Eagle Claw bait holder hook is for tying dry flies.

Ernie Schwiebert bought his fishing hats on ehats.com and his Icelandic wool sweaters at Target.

Did you know that Carrie Stevens chewed Beechnut and used just a smidge to secure JC nails to her Gray Ghosts.

That...Jimmy Houston invented the blood knot for tying tapered leaders and Bill Dance just bought a Sage 509-4 TCX for his upcoming blooper vid "Fly Fishin' With Bill".

Walmart is selling Orvis CFO III's for $29.95.

Zane Grey caught a 1495 lb. Blue Marlin on a Snoopy Rod using 10 # Berkley XL.

Did you know that furled leaders were invented by a hair dresser? She came up with the idea twirling her finger in a costumers hair!

or that you can play "Oh Susanna" on your fly rod while casting the new Sci-Anglers Sharkskin fly line. It's in the key of C.

Theodore Gordon used kool-aid to dye his flank feathers for his Quill Gordons.

Oh no! Bob Clouser has a steel plate in his head after suffering repeated TBI injuries hitting himself in the back of the head with a fly he invented.

The Catskill Fly Fishing Museum is being moved to Hoboken N.J. to attract more visitors.

Wow! FFF and TU have been purchased by BASS. GET READY TOO RUM...BULL!

Rocky Mountain News...Flip Pallot used scuba gear to dry fly fish Cheesman Canyon and the Henry's Fork RRR with sz. #24 olive doublewing sidewinder duns. Said he had to really tighten up his loops casting sidearm under water in the "Glory Hole".

and the Wizard just stopped by and told me this one: Some Orvis guide caught a 15 lb. Permit on a Raghead Crab in Henry's Lake, Idaho. New state record! Oh..and he sez the CDOW is stocking Bonefish in the stadium stretch of the Platte River in down town Denver. He heard that a special Bonefish Stamp is required in addition to your normal Colorado fishing license. Strict enforcement of the new requirements will be applied and big fines given to violators.

You heard any good ones?
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

Friend, ya'll best put the cap back on the head cement. Get out fer some fresh air.

Some good ones in there.
    A right emblem it may be, of the uncertain things of this world; that when men have sold them selves for them, they vanish into smoke. ~ William Bradford
    I finally realized that Life is a metaphor for Fly Fishing.

Someone told me way back that fly fishing is just full of rumors - in fact if you haven't heard a good one by noon it is your obligation to start one. Fun stuff, thanks!

#2 is probably true! Headed up there right now to see; can't reach Flies and Lies by phone for some reason...

#3 - Say it ain't so!!! I'll have to jump onto I-70 and head West to put the hammer down after the pitstop in Deckers.
    "Engineers don't idle well."

hairwing,

Take off the tinfoil hat, and get your meds adjusted! Just sayin!!

Best regards, Dave S.

It would appear to me that his meds are adjusted just right...

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Dave,

Don't do drugs, Tylenol.... but FYI, the Colorado Legislation has just proposed a bill that would prevent over the counter sales of Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails. They sight far to many addiction problems by fly tyer users to leave the problem un-addressed. To purchase the product from now on you will need a Rx from a state licensed physician and can only be bought from a licensed pharmacy. It's called the "featherhead amendment" for those of you that follow politics closely.

I am really experiencing these thoughts due to pain delirium brought on by old age arthritis. MY FEET ARE KILLIN' ME! The bummer is "no fishing", I'll just have to blather about it and get around on my boo..I mean cane. Hope I heal by run-off ! Fish on you piscatorial pundants! Enjoy your fishing before celebrating Medicare or you'll be s-o-r-r-y.

and Dave, do you really think I would listen to a guy who says he's from shamokin ? What part of Oz is that town in? LOL

Kelly, I know you know all about the MY FEET ARE KILLIN' ME part. Hope you make it before run-off too.

Carry on >
    "As far down the river as he could see, the trout were rising, making circles on the surface of the water, as though it were starting to rain."- E.H., The Big Two Hearted River

Oh My God, I can't believe all that stuff is going on!

Thanks for the update
    Born to fish, Forced to Work!

Please deliver me to the weekend!

Ain't this a fun place????
    Wyo-Blizzard

Blog Entries

Hairwing omitted the biggest story...
    AT&T, Citicorp, Disney, and IBM recently completed a merger to take over the world.
    The new company will be called
    I B AT Disney Citi.

Ed, now hiding from corporate hitmen.

+ Reply to Thread