Quote Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
Wyoming F&G has just announced that when fishing for flying fish, one must use unweighted, single hook, flies, only. Flying fish frequent most of the South Eastern part of the state, especially when the wind is up a bit over the normal 30 kts or so.

Again from Wyoming F&G--the White Pelican that abounds on many of the reservoirs here, is now protected since it's now known that they swoop low to ground level when flying in their typical line formation and pluck prairie dogs from their burrow mounds, which are pests.

Shooting Fish in a Barrell is not easy and can be hazardous to your health! Just sayin!
My absolute No. 1 fly for Flying Fish is a sz. 12 Ballooning Spider. Here is my technique: I find a rural road with a row of power poles and flip a steeple cast over the line. I let the fly dap for a few moments and then go on down the row of poles until I locate the fish. I also find the best fishing after a cold inversion has pushed it's way up and allows the Jet Stream to funnel down to almost ground level with all it's wind born insects. Can't beat fishin' like that with a stick!

I'd tell you my honey hole but I'm not into hot-spottin'. I'll stand on the higher moral ground for the sake of the sport.