+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idaho Falls Fly Tying Expo

Default Idaho Falls Fly Tying Expo

Well, it is official. I will be at the Shilo tying both days

Friday,April 15th 11:30-2:30
    and a change on my Sat. but right now I am Saturday, 4/16, noon-4

SEE YOU THERE!!!!

Us too. Great show. Are you doing anpother class/seminar this year? Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

I don't think so, but it was a last minute thing last year, so never know.

I'll be there also for the two days. I am putting on a classroom/seminar on spring creek flies.

I don't think they have the 2011 Expo site up since Bruce Staples just had the same surgery on the same ankle by the same surgeon as I did. I'm sure it will be there shortly.

Can't wait. This is truly one of the premier fly tying expos in the western United States each year.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

Roderick Haig-Brown, "Fisherman's Spring"

Default Here's a link ...

... to the Snake River Cutthroat website. That club hosts the expo.

http://snakerivercutthroats.com/Default.aspx?tabid=5190

The information on the expo itself can be found at www.srcexpo.com .

John
    The fish are always right.

Thanks, John. Don't know why I couldn't access this info, but I couldn't. Unfortunately the 2011 schedule is not posted yet, but there will definitely be some premier tiers from around the country showing us their stuff.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

"There will be days when the fishing is better than one's most optimistic forecast, others when it is far worse. Either is a gain over just staying home."

you will be tying kelly, thats as premier as it gets
    g

Quote Originally Posted by gbflytyer View Post
    you will be tying kelly, thats as premier as it gets
    g
    Thanks, buddy. Back at ya!

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

This looks like a great show, just a little to far from south Louisiana...

Hope y'all have great time.

I just received a copy of the workshop schedule for our expo. There may be some changes still, but there are some great opportunities.

Here it is:

2011 Expo Fly Tying and Fishing Workshops
    (detailed descriptions below)

Women?s Workshops

Women?s Introduction to Fly TyingFriday April 15th 8:30 am ? 12:00pm $35

Women?s Fly Fishing Clinic Saturday April 16th 8:30am ? 4:00pm $60

Tying Workshops

Streamer Patterns for SE Idaho and SW Montana with Gary BarnesFriday April 15th 8:00am ? 12:00pm $35

SE Idaho / SW Wyoming Patterns with Jack Dennis Friday April 15th 8:00am ? 12:00pm $35

Fly Tying Techniques for the Nor-Vise with Harley Reno Friday April 15th 1:00pm ? 5:00pm $35

Flies and Techniques for Carp with Dan Hurzeler Friday April 15th 1:00pm ? 5:00pm $35

Tying Cripples and Emergers with Scott Sanchez Friday April 15th 1:00pm ? 5:00pm $35

Transitional CDC Flies - Tying with and understanding CDC.
    Let CDC be your new best friend with Frank Johnson. Saturday April 16th 8:00am -12:00pm $35

Stillwater Patterns and Techniques for Southeast Idaho with Tom Banyas Saturday April 16th 8:00am -12:00pm $35

Beginning Fly Tying with Stefanie Jones Saturday April 16th 8:30am ? 4:30pm $60

Steelhead Flies for All Occasions (Including Spey Fishing) with Rocky Maley Saturday April 16th 8:00am -12:00pm $35

A New Approach to Spring Creek Patterns and Techniques for
    Southern Idaho with Kelly Glissmeyer Saturday April 16th 1:00pm ? 5:00pm $35

Flies, Leaders and Techniques for Fly Fishing New Zealand with Tim Tollett Saturday April 16th 1:00pm ? 5:00pm $35

Casting Workshops

Improve Your Fly Casting with Bob Jacklin (Intermediate) Friday April 15th 1:00pm ? 5:00pm $35

Beginning Fly Casting with Jack Dennis Friday April 15th 1:00pm ? 5:00pm $35

Introduction to Spey Casting with Zach Dalton Friday April 15th 1:00pm ? 5:00pm $35

Beginning Fly Casting with Mike Atwell Saturday April 16th 1:00pm ? 5:00pm $35

Casting Techniques for Fishing from a Drift Boat with Todd Lanning Saturday April 16th 1:00pm ? 5:00pm $35

Fishing Workshops

Classic Nymph Fishing with Tim Tollett Friday April 15th 8:00am ? 12:00pm $35

Fly Fishing Knots and Custom Leaders with Gregg Messel Saturday April 16th 8:00am -12:00pm $35

Introduction to Fly Fishing with Tim Woodard Saturday April 16th 1:00pm ? 5:00pm $35

Can't wait! Hope many of you can attend. There are also many free presentations as well as numerous well-known demo tyers who will be in attendance, along with a Fly Tying theater. The two-day event is free to the public and is always a great place to pick up some useful info for your fly fishing and tying. I'll post more when it becomes available. Hope to see you there.

Kelly.
    Tight Lines,

Kelly.

+ Reply to Thread