+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Felt sole ban states?

Default Felt sole ban states?

Does anyone know what states currently have a ban on felt soles? All I know is that Maryland does, and I can't seem to find a definitive list on what other states do.

Vermont has a ban on them too, as you said I've never seen a listing but you'd have to check each state.

All I know is, I have a $100 pair of felt soles that are like new and comfortable. I'm gonna be ticked off if NJ or PA bans them.

Bah humbug, but here's a list anyway:

http://stopans.org/Felt_Bans.htm

The only way there gonna get the felt soles off me is when I'm floating belly down in a river!
    Born to fish, Forced to Work!

Please deliver me to the weekend!

Hmmmm! Korkers with changable soles. All kinds of crap can get in there!! But legal because not felt? Give me a break!!

Blog Entries

legal 'cause you can take them apart and expose all the surfaces easily to salt water and a scrub brush (which we should all do--every time!). just can't do that with felt.
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

Seems to me that ducks & geese cause more problems than felt soles, but they can't be legislated. We can.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

Quote Originally Posted by CaseyP View Post
    legal 'cause you can take them apart and expose all the surfaces easily to salt water and a scrub brush (which we should all do--every time!). just can't do that with felt.
    If you have a pair of the felt sole replacement Korker's soles "you can them apart and expose all the surfaces easily to salt water and a scrub brush" too but they are still not legal in Maryland. I doubt even the new Svelte synthetic "felt" would pass muster in the Old Line State yet I bet it absorbs less "invasives" than a one piece rubber bottom shoe and all of its nooks & crannies.

Vilifying felts soles and embracing the alternatives is like driving a Prius or using one of those reusable shopping bags; the results will be negligible or nonexistent. It's more about making a statement than making a real difference.

Maybe we can get our felt soles registered for use on X (stream of choice), until they are no longer serviceable? At least all the presently made felt-soled wading shoes could be phased out through attrition! Yeah, I know - too hard to implement - just thinking out loud! LOL!!

Best regards, Dave Leaky Wader

+ Reply to Thread