+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cranberry River

Hybrid View

Default Cranberry River

Hey all,

I work with a buddy that is headed to the Cranberry River in WV. I believe he is fishing the upper section. He doesnt tie flies so I told him I would get him a dozen or so to fill his box. Just looking at the information it looks like a sweet stream. Im thinking attractors sizes 14-18 (royal wulffs, humpys, trudes, stimi's), p.t's, hares ears, wet flies (green and red butts) along with some BWO wets.

If any body has some experience with this river I would appreciate any info you could give. Not looking for exact places to fish just some flies. He will be leaving on the 25th of April.

Thanks,
    Richard a.k.a (Fireman)

Hey Fireman, I'v fished that river years ago and it is stocked pretty well, from what I understand has Brookies WAY up in the upper stretches. Its also fished pretty good buy spin casters. It is a trip of beauty, if I had a chance again to go there I would jump on it. I would recommend weighted nymphs that can get down fast. hears ear or pheasant tail, 14 16 .
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

+ Reply to Thread