+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fishing Sunglasses

Hybrid View

Default Fishing Sunglasses

I'm finally going to break down and buy a pair of prescription sunglasses for fishing (I have clip-ons for my regular glasses). Do any of you have words of wisdom as to brands and lens color? I need them to be pretty versatile. I don't anticipate doing any off-shore fishing, but I fish freshwater, warm and cold, and near-shore.

Thanks.

A brand that does not seem to get much hype is Smith Optics. I recently got a pair with amber/brown lenses to use, mostly for inshore fishing, and I've been amazed - they're wonderful.

Last week I did the same with my new prespcription. I went with Ray Ban Wayfarer II's and the Brown polarized lenses. I've always been a grey lens person.....but WOW. What a difference the brown is over the grey when applied to the water! Love them.....and didn't pay the price for the techincal/sport glass brands.

I'll 2nd the Smith Action Optics. I picked up a pair of $180.00 glasses for < $80 (not rx) on closeout. Mine came in brown which seem fine for me but I've heard copper is a great all-around color to get. All my fishing is stream fishing.
    Take Care ...
    Steve
    \><((((((*>

Brown in color and Polarized, the last a must for me. I just switched to "fitovers" as to clipons and sofar I like them. They help quite a bit with the Wyoming Wind, help keep it out of my eyes!!
    Wyo-Blizzard

I have been using the Fitovers or Cocoons for a number of years now and get them in amber and brown. They are designed to block light from both the tops and the sides. My eyes seem to change prescription about every four years, so I can't afford both glasses and sunglasses when it does.

+ Reply to Thread