+ Reply to Thread

Thread: looking for a lightweight, shorter rod....

Hybrid View

Default looking for a lightweight, shorter rod....

tired of getting my tailed kicked by my 9 footer in tight places on small streams here in the black hills. im wanting to buy a rod, preferably in the 7-7.5 foot length in either a 1, 2, or maybe even a 3 weight. also, i am on a budget (i know, i know, who isnt), so really cant afford a high dollar rod here. anyone got one laying around gathering dust????

Rather than sell your rod, how about investing $50 in one of the best kept secrets in fly fishing? Cabelas sells a 3 piece 3 weight 7' 6" rod. Fantastic little rod!

http://www.cabelas.com/fly-fishing-r...y-rods-3.shtml

I own 3 of them - keep 1 in my car and gave one to each son to keep in his dorm room.

The combo kit isn't that great, but the rod itself performs as well or better than most 3wts of similar length that I've tested.

Do some internet research on it - you won't be disappointed and won't be out of a lot of cash.
    "Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday." John Wayne.

"When you know, to know that you know, and when you do not know, to know that you do not know - that is true knowledge..." Charlie Chan (author Earl Derr Biggers ...Behind That Curtain 192.

NewTyer 1 Guest

Check your mail box, I have something you might be interested in

that cabelas rod might be just the ticket. im not selling my other rod for sure, i use it on bigger waters. looking though my pms too, give me a bit, i like the one that benefits kids a lot..ill get back to all of ya

I'll also endorse the Cabela's Three Forks 3 wt. Its the best buy in FFing

did some looking, heck now ive even heard good things from people here about the cabelas rod. but, unless the seller backs out, im gonna try the rod from the guy thats selling em for funding for the kids fly fishing club. sounds like a good deal to me, and i think a 6 foot rod would do me fine for what im doing here...

sending you a pm
    John Straight
    JLS Custom Rods
    Cassadaga,NY

+ Reply to Thread