Hi Guys, sorry for the lack of reports, but I have not fished since November. Finaly got out on Monday, with Jimsnarocks and Jeff Ham. We picked Jim up from the Farmstay and of course Met Debbie as well, it was an absolute pleasure to meet them both.
We took Jim to the Waiomu River, and despite the long hot summer we have had the river was slightly up and quite coloured.
We all managed a few fish, I think Jim landed 4, 3 browns and 1 Rainbow, not big, but his first NZ trout.
Jeff took a few pics, so I hope he can post a few here if he gets the chance. We dropped Jim back at the farmstay to finish packing for his onward journey and Jeff guided me to a stretch of the Waihau river that I have not fished before, it was the exact opposite of the Waiomu, being crystal clear with a sand and gravel bottom and lots of weed. It was full of trout, some rising, but all spooky, one bungled cast and they were gone.
We did both manage to catch a few, mostly on small PT nymphs or wee wets, Thanks for showing me this area Jeff, I will be back!
I will try to post some pics in the next couple of days.
All the best.
Mike