+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Where did the "2011 Outback" thread go?

Hybrid View

Default Where did the "2011 Outback" thread go?

I am researching Missoula, Montana area fishing opportunities since I am moving there in a couple months. JohnScott has excellent reports that provide excellent info for attempting to tackle the streams alone.

Anyone know where it went?

Thanks,
    Scott

Scott,

It may have been pulled when John decided to leave the forum (hopefully only a temporary situation). Check out his "Montana Moments" trip report; lots of good stuff from his first year in Montana last year, especially in the Missoula area.

Regards,
    Scott

ps - congrats on the move to Zoolie. Hope you get to some Grizz games this year

ScottP,

Bingo. You are correct.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottP View Post
    Scott,

It may have been pulled when John decided to leave the forum (hopefully only a temporary situation). Check out his "Montana Moments" trip report; lots of good stuff from his first year in Montana last year, especially in the Missoula area.

Regards,
    Scott

ps - congrats on the move to Zoolie. Hope you get to some Grizz games this year
    Thank you, Scott! If John knew how much I read that "Montana Moments" thread, I am sure he would have never agreed to fish with me. I know your location is Virginia, but will I ever get the opportunity to see you in Montana - your posts reflect a profound knowledge of the area. Rumor has it the tickets are hard to come by but I am going to give it my all. Are the rivers empty on Grizz game days?

Scott,

I'm glad you had the chance to fish with John; our paths wound around each other but for one reason or another we haven't had the chance to meet up on the stream. He's been kind enough to test drive some flies I was playing around on the vise with, so I guess I've fished with him in a roundabout way. I sure hope I get to meet up with you at some point; my wife and I are planning to move out within the next couple of years so she can be closer to her mother in Whitefish. I think you'll enjoy living in Missoula, all that great water within a long cast; if you can't get tickets, climb Mt. Sentinel up to the "M" and you get a neat view of the stadium (just bring a radio along for the broadcast - lol). I'm actually flying out to MT tomorrow for 2 weeks, going to fish some of the water that's too crowded in the summertime, places I've never fished before. Also going to spend 5 days outside Dillon working on a National Wildlife Foundation project studying sage grouse; really looking forward to that. Best of luck with your relocation; try the Mo Club for burgers.

Regards,
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread