+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Taking off for NZ

Default Taking off for NZ

Excited? Oh yeah!
    We depart LAX in about 9 hours for a week of fishing, hiking and photography in the beautiful country of New Zealand. I am not taking my laptop but my wife is, so maybe I can post some reports from hers while we are there.
    I'm taking 2 rods, a 5 and 6 wt, 2 reels and an extra spool with a sinking tip. Also taking what seems to be a couple hundred flys to leave in trees and bushes.

Serendipity: Mike and Jeff (Monday is JeffHamm's birthday) are fetching me at our first hostel for a day of fishing. I gave Mike the address where we are staying and he says it's on the road to the river we're fishing. I can walk across the road and get access to the river there. Not planned but works perfect.

Matamata, Rotorua and Tongariro, look out. Here we come.

Oh yeah, we are going on a whale watching cruise off the South Island too. Yippee.
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

I cannot say I'm not a little envious but wish you a great time with lots of large fish and great fellowship with our Kiwi friends. I hope you have an opportunity to expose most of those flies to the stumps, trees and roots of NZ.
    Want to hear God laugh? Tell him Your plans!!!

Jim,

i'd love to tell you to have a great and wonderful, time, but I'am SO Jealous.

seriously, that would be the trip of a life time, I hope you have a great time, and take lots of pics for those of us that are less fortunate.

Jason
    "If we lie to the government, it's called a felony, when they lie to us, it's called politics." Bill Murray

As others have said, I am GREEN with envy. Enjoy your trip, give our best to the lads and bring back plenty of pictures of the land of the long white cloud.

REE
    Happiness is wading boots that never have a chance to dry out.

Looking forward to seeing you on Monday Jim! Should be a lot of fun. Weather forcast is for overcast, with a chance of 2-5 mm rain (40% chance, in the afternoon). So, should be good fishing weather - but then, is there any other kind?

- Jeff

P.S. Oh yah, there's an open invite to you other guys too, so rig up and come on down!
    Am fear a chailleas a chanain caillidh e a shaoghal. -

He who loses his language loses his world.

Jim,

Best of luck with the fishing - I hear there are ORCS and HOBBITS down there, so be careful. Was that whale watching or whale catching? If it's catching, you'll need something a little biggerin a 6wt. Just tryin to help you out here, so's you don't have any surprises!

Best regards, Dave S.

Jim,

I look forward to your fishing report with Mike and Jeff. Sounds like you guys are going to have tons of fun. I am jealous for sure.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

+ Reply to Thread