+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not Yet.

Hybrid View

Default Not Yet.

Went to Shadow Cliff res. and float tubed it until the sun went down. It was 80deg outside but the water is still only 60. I searched and searched but did not see them yet. No bass on the beds yet. It gave me some time to try those new craw patterns I tied up earlier and they worked great. You can fish them through anything just like a jig. It wont be long now and I hope to be after the big girls. I am getting the "fever"

spring is the best time to catch butt loads of fish and big ones but to say its consistently inconsistent is an understatement. Gotta catch the right day at the right temp.

Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    Went to Shadow Cliff res. and float tubed it until the sun went down. It was 80deg outside but the water is still only 60. I searched and searched but did not see them yet. No bass on the beds yet. It gave me some time to try those new craw patterns I tied up earlier and they worked great. You can fish them through anything just like a jig. It wont be long now and I hope to be after the big girls. I am getting the "fever"
    In general, how is the fishing at Shadow Cliffs. I lived in San Ramon as a teenager in the late '70s. Used to fish there quite a bit. Haven't been since I moved away in '79.

I have found that over the years it has gotten a little harder to get bass from the main lake. I was lucky enough to get an 17lb monster 2 years ago but it was one of those perfect days, right place right time things. Other than that the bite is really tough, they just roam arround. I have only done any good in the spring and other than that one year, the bass fishing is a challange. The back ponds would produce better numbers but that area is closed to fishing now.

+ Reply to Thread