Thread: Fluoro Fibre?

Threaded View

Anderson, South Carolina (Northwest corner of SC) USA

Default Fluoro Fibre?

Hi Folks,

I've been reading Charlie Craven's new book, called "Charlie's Fly Box" which features many of his best signature flies. The book is definitely top-shelf, five-stars, 10 on a ten-point scale and two thumbs up or in my case eight-thumbs up. There are an amazing number of step by step photos for each fly. My problem is this. For a number of flies in this book, Charlie adamantly recommends a material called fluoro fibre which he says has just the right amount of brightness without excess flash. Being the cheapskate that I am and having vowed to limit purchases of items specific to one fly, I was wondering about a substitution. Since I've seen the material only in pictures, its a little difficult to determine a good substitute. I would think that Antron yarn or Wing N Flash (without the flash) might work well. What are your thoughts? Much thanks in advance for your input. BTW, if you are looking for a book that will inspire you to tie some new flies, don't pass up Charlie's Fly Box. 8T
    Last edited by Eight Thumbs; 03-31-2011 at 09:10 PM.