Thread: Two 4 wt. lines - Rio Selective Trout II and Rio DC 15 ft. sink tip

Threaded View

Default Two 4 wt. lines - Rio Selective Trout II and Rio DC 15 ft. sink tip

RIO Selective Trout II
    Brand new, in the box, Rio Selective Trout II fly line in weight forward 4 weight in the camo green (dark olive) color. I am a big, big fan of the Rio lines and have them on most of my reels. This one just doesn't figure to be needed anytime soon, so I'm going to sell it along with some other unused gear. While the names may ring of marketing hype, the features on this series are the ones that I've found to be responsible for floatation and other positive attributes that I haven't seen matched by other brands. Welded front loop (removable if you want), Agent X undercoating, SFT (floatation) and XS (slickness) technologies - whatever you call them, they work extremely well in my experience. These retailed for $74.95 plus applicable taxes and/or shipping. I'll ship it to your door for $49. I'm posting this on two sites and will use the time/date stamp to resolve any issue if I get more than one person indicating they want it.

RIO Density Compensated 15 ft. sink tip
    I've had this line on a spare spool for a while but only used it a couple times that I can recall. I need the spool for another line and rod now, so I'm letting this go in light of the infrequent use. This is one of three weights of Rio DC sink tips that I have and I think theirs and others of this type are the only way to go. The density compensation ensures a straight line descent and better contact with the fly vs. lesser designs that permit bowing in the line. This is rated for a 4 wt. rod, but I would think would work just fine on a 5 wt. too. You can check the specs as to grain weight, sink rate, etc. on the chart linked here (http://www.rioproducts.com/product.php?recKey=19) and decide for yourself. This line also retails new for $74.95 plus applicable taxes and/or shipping. I don't have the original box or spool anymore but will wind it on a spool from another line and ship it to you for $35. Also posting this one on two sites and will use the time/date stamp to resolve any issue if I get more than one person indicating they want it. Thanks.

Last edited by John_N; 03-26-2011 at 03:24 AM.