Thread: My Friends From Oregon

Threaded View

My friend was just a the Crooked today (while I was working) and it wasn't fishing very well. Ya these flows really aren't ideal. With the amount of snow and runoff to come you could almost bet it will remain somewhere around these levels around that time. I live in Bend and have so many great rivers within an hour drive and love them all. The Crooked has made a comeback after the Nitrogen Poisoning resulting from the dam and really high flows of a couple years back. There aren't as many fish per mile but with a lower CFS to do tend to hold in typical places in good numbers. The Metolius and Fall rivers can be tough as he11 but can be very rewarding. The Middle D is good and fishes well year round and one of my favorites and closest options. Plus nice browns and bows. Heading to the Metolius hopefully this weekend and was just out at the Owyhee last weekend (worth it).

You should get over here at the end of May when everything opens up, cuz the Upper D and lakes hold some really nice fish, and the lower D (bordering the Reservation) will have been open for a month by then. Plus the Big Boys will be starting their annual migration shortly thereafter.

Cheers
    -Jake

Metolius: 13041309.jpg Fall River: IMG-20110306-00019.jpg Owyhee: 13231365.jpg Deschutes (Lower): 12141243.jpg
    Last edited by luckie88; 03-25-2011 at 04:18 AM.
    Born to fish, Forced to Work!

Please deliver me to the weekend!