Thread: Smallmouth popper & pictures...

Threaded View

Default Smallmouth popper & pictures...

This post is in reference to a Smallmouth Popper that I found on the Internet on a fly fishing site for smallmouth bass fishing. I really liked the shape of the foam head which is called a Blockhead Popper. The foam is sloped back on both sides plus the top and, at the time I found this popper there were no vendors that sold the Blockhead popper pre-shaped. I attempted to cut the head out myself from large foam blocks and was never satisfied. Last week I found a vendor that now sells the Blockhead foam pre-formed and also has a hole through it for installing on the hook. You just push it over the hook eye. I ordered several of them and am very impressed with them. I will post the vendor's web site because I believe he is a sole provider and none of our sponsors have this product. I talked to the owner by phone and told him about FAOL and mentioned that we are always looking for good sponsors. His site is: flybass.biz for anyone who may be looking for this popper head. This is a picture of one popper using his Blockhead foam. He sells the Blockhead pre-formed head only, so, the hook, hackle and bucktail I added. I am only posting this in case someone else was looking for the pre-formed foam heads:

This is a picture of a field I walk through to get to one of my favorite fishing spots on one river here. It is always in bloom like this during this time of year. I just love looking at it:

After walking through the field I end up here:
    Last edited by WarrenP; 03-23-2011 at 11:51 PM.
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.