+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Prayers needed please

Hybrid View

Default Prayers needed please

My bride Colleen's older brother Owen is dying. He, at 83, is slightly more than 18 years older than she & he has been in a nursing home with dementia & cancer for some time. That tough little Irishman has been in Hospice care since last June & has hung tough, but the battle is ending. Colleen & my youngest, Maggie, drove down to Loveland, OH today. Owen has now been put on morphine, received Last Rites today, & Colleen was intent on telling him it's ok to let go. I ask for prayers for his peaceful passing, surrounded by his Bride, Children, & Sister.
    I just spoke with Colleen & found out our Great Nephew & Niece, Seamus Donahue & his Bride Sheila (Owen's Grandchildren) are expecting. As God takes one life, he gives another. What a Blessing!
    God Bless them all.
    Mike
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Mike,
    My prayers are with you and yours. I'm confident that the Lord's plan is in force. It's like nighthawk's sign off says; "All I ask is that you Believe." May all involved be comforted by His grace.
    Where you go is less important than how you take the steps.
    Fish with a Friend,
    Lotech Joe

My prayers and thoughts are with you Mike, Colleen and family...
    "Because by the Grace of God I can, be on a beautiful mountain stream with a friend , have the water boil from a 12" Native Brookie taking a self tyed dry,and feel it on the end of my cane... It don't get no better than that..."

Mikey,

You and your family will be in my thoughts and I pray that He gives you strength to get through this. I have been through it with my Father and my Mother-In-Law. It is not easy waiting, but, trust me, you will make it.

Keep the Faith...
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

nighthawk Guest

I knew something was wrong. I just had that feeling tonight. Mike you and Colleen are always in my prayers but I just said a special prayer for Owen and all of you. I believe you will shortly see the mercy of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

tonight I bend a knee to beg the Lord for Owen and his family. I do wish I could be there to bend an elbow with you when you guys honor the man and his life. Owen, rest in the arms of the Lord. Colleen we are here for you and Mike! I still have my brothers but one of Amy's brothers, Richard, was killed in a drunk driving accident years ago. It's tough but lean on your faith.

I will say prayers for Owen, your wife, you and all your family members. God Bless and keep the faith.
    Trout don't speak Latin.

Mikey,
    My prayers are with your family today and forever, Tis a far better place your Owen will be going to! I have been there with my mom as you know Mike. Give them all a hug for me.

Owen
    God saw you getting tired and a cure was not to be. So He put His arms around you and whispered ?come to me.? With tearful eyes we watched you and saw you pass away. Although we loved you dearly, we could not make you stay. A golden heart stopped beating, hard working hands at rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us, He only takes the best.

d'fh?adfadh a bheith agat le Dia
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

My love and prayers to you and the family, Mikey.
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

Prayers for Owen and family coming from SoCal. Jim
    I'm either going to, coming from or thinking about fishing. Jim

My prayers are are with you and your family too.

TT.

+ Reply to Thread