So you need a new rod? With all of today's new features what do you really need? Want? Why? Is it the Nano Weight? the custom specialty streamer flinging rod? Is it your first rod and have no idea what to get? Do you go with a moderate? moderate fast or maybe a fast rod? Follow the way of thinking that says the slower rods are easier for beginners? How long will you stay a beginner? When do you determine what you like? Is it a boo maybe? Or is it a $700 rod or maybe it a Wal-Mart special? Have you noticed how it is becoming about the cost, weight or who uses what that makes the rod better? I have seen guys that could cast anything with ease and then there are those that can not. It to me is about relaxing, I have found I like faster rods, however I can still have just as much fun with a Wal-Mart rod teaching my nephew as with any $600 rod, you know I think I have more fun with that $30 rod.
To each his or her own, but I have found what I have been looking for! Sharing with family and friends, and sometimes hooking a rising fish.

Wayne