lastchance,

HOOK - Lightening Strike NW3 in size 8
UNDERBODY - 14 wraps of .020 lead wire
TAIL - White marabou with your choice of 4 pieces of tinsel flash
BODY - White chenille with tinsel already incorporated in it (not sure what it is called)
HACKLE - any black hackle in appropriate size for the hook
THREAD - White 8/0 Uni-Thread for tying the fly & then whip finish and go over the head with a whip finish of black 8/0 Uni- thread

There is no wire rib because I do not like using wire for ribbing due to it getting caught in the trout's little teeth and they tear the fly up sooner. I tie all my palmer flies in what is or I call tying in reverse. By this I mean I tie the chenille and hackle in behind the hook eye, run the bobbin and thread back to the tail tie in point, wrap the chenille back and catch it with a couple wraps of the thread, clip the excess, palmer the hackle back and tie it off with the thread and then use the bobbin to counter wrap to the front and do a whip finish. When you tie in reverse like this, you really need to match the tying thread to the body so it does not show up when counter wraped to the front. I find tying this way makes the fly very durable. Yesterday, I used one fly to catch 20+ fish and today I used one fly to catch another 20+ fish. I feel this bugger looks very much like a minnow and has been a very good pattern for me.