+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nor-Vise Bobbin

Hybrid View

Default Nor-Vise Bobbin

Does anyone have a nor-vise bobbin, that you are not using? I would like to try one before I purchase one.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

Blog Entries

I can mail you one to try, not to buy.

PM being sent

Larry ---sagefisher---

Thanks Sage!
    I will pm you.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration"
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

Blog Entries

Good morning Dave,

ebay has a used Nor-Vise Automatic Bobbin + 2 extra Aluminum Spools - ebay item # 330543517667
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:ONA:US:1123

Might be a good purchase. Tip: When bidding on ebay...put the smallest bid in and then wait for the last few minutes of the auction, before you put in the highest bid that you are willing to pay.

Blog Entries

I strongly believe in Norm's bobbin and we all have one here but do test it on somethign that will be a good test. It is heavy enough to be a bit much for tiny dries and those that want to change thread for every fly will not get all the goody out of them. Those that sit down to tie long runs of the same pattern will get the most out of them.

Th elittle plastic caps Norm has been using for a couple years now to hold the thread after each fly are a really good idea if you are not tying on a Nor-Vise and using the little o-ring on the thread holder. Putting a small o-ring on a screw and putting it in a post will help that issue.

For almost all flies I tie the Nor-Bobbin is my favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by hap View Post
    I strongly believe in Norm's bobbin and we all have one here but do test it on somethign that will be a good test. It is heavy enough to be a bit much for tiny dries and those that want to change thread for every fly will not get all the goody out of them. Those that sit down to tie long runs of the same pattern will get the most out of them.

Th elittle plastic caps Norm has been using for a couple years now to hold the thread after each fly are a really good idea if you are not tying on a Nor-Vise and using the little o-ring on the thread holder. Putting a small o-ring on a screw and putting it in a post will help that issue.

For almost all flies I tie the Nor-Bobbin is my favorite...
    I just purchased my Nor-Vice about 2 weeks ago and love it. I can see where the bobbin will be handy!
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

Quote Originally Posted by DaveMac View Post
    Good morning Dave,

ebay has a used Nor-Vise Automatic Bobbin + 2 extra Aluminum Spools - ebay item # 330543517667
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:B:ONA:US:1123

Might be a good purchase. Tip: When bidding on ebay...put the smallest bid in and then wait for the last few minutes of the auction, before you put in the highest bid that you are willing to pay.
    YES! I saw that, Thanks
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

WOW! Nice Bobbin......Just ordered one, I'm hooked.
    "Izaac Walton"
    Member of NBOF
    Life Member FFF
    Member Ohio Council FFF

I've got 3 1 for 6/0, one for 8/0 and one for 14/0. I've put o - rings on the tubes of the bobbins to hold the tread. I like this a little better than the plastic caps.
    Member FFF , TU, MTFF
    Ron

+ Reply to Thread