+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clinton River pike S/E MI

Hybrid View

Default Clinton River pike S/E MI

Hit the Clinton River again today. Got this pike with in the first 10 casts in the same spot as the other ones a week ago. River was up 2' higher then that day but waaaaaay down from what it was a couple days ago. Used the same clouser, brown over white with a little bit of green flash in the center. Walked about a half mile down the river bank trying numerous spots to no avail.

May hit a different river tomorrow with less flow issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice! Pike has been on my list for some time now for a fly rod. I guess I need to start slinging up in MI when I head home in the summer.

Nice pike!

Nice pike Greg, the Clinton River paid off again......did you find the Kilno Rd. bridge??
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

I found it and was going to try it today seeing that today is the last day you can fish for Pike until april 1st but went to try my luck at steelhead fishing. With arm to arm fishermen and limited access that was a bust so im done till some of lake st clair starts opening up...Thanks for the tip and itll definintely be on the short list for summer fishing. When the water is low and warm rivers are a great place to fish. Fish in the lake go deep, fish in a river cant go anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by GT171 View Post
    I found it and was going to try it today seeing that today is the last day you can fish for Pike until april 1st but went to try my luck at steelhead fishing. With arm to arm fishermen and limited access that was a bust so im done till some of lake st clair starts opening up...Thanks for the tip and itll definintely be on the short list for summer fishing. When the water is low and warm rivers are a great place to fish. Fish in the lake go deep, fish in a river cant go anywhere!
    I took a drive over to Yates and yes they were arm to arm that day. I seen a couple steelie caught but as you know those fish only end up on the dinner plate
    I will be back up in June so lets hook-up for a little Clinton River pike fishing, until then have fun with ice-out fishing.
    Popperfly>-<(((((*>
    Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

+ Reply to Thread