+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flyfisher for men

Default Flyfisher for men

Have you been "officially" welcomed to the site? I've seen a few of your posts, but can't recall a real howdy, yet!!

We're glad to have you aboard! There's lots to be garnered from FAOL!

Plus ... I had no idea there was fishing to be done up Atchison way!

Again, glad you're here!

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

I'd like to join in with Betty to welcome you as well. Seems like you enjoy a similar type fishing I do...farm ponds! If you ever get to Ohio, give a holler & we can wet a line.
    Mike

------------------
    You can call me Mike & you can call me Mikey..Just remember that this site's about sharing!
    FAOL..All about caring, sharing, & good friends!!

Welcome to FAOL. I have over the years enjoyed some fantastic Monk Made Fudge from the Abby in Mt. Angel, Oregon. The brothers turned out some incrediable sweets! It was always a journey our family looked forward to each fall. I am now in Michigan, a long way from the Abby on the hill in Oregon. Does your order in Kansas have any thing like Mt. Angels to help you along? I see on your website you have a college and an acadamy. I can only imagine a fantastic fly fishing course to add a few credits to the list for those nearing graduation. And a trout stream on the campus....The buildings and campus are very beautiful.
    Let me quote for you if I may a favorite passage from George Eliot's "Middelmarch" 1871) "I hear what your talking about" said the wife. 'But you will make no impression on Humphrey. As long as the fish rise to his bait,everybody is what he ought to be. Bless you, Casaubon has got a trout stream, and does not care about fishing it himself: could there be a better fellow?"
    "Well there is something in that" said the Rector, with his quiet inward laugh. "it is a very good quality for a man to have a trout stream" I praise the quality of your brotherhood, least I may visit and fish your waters. Fair well Flyfisher for Men.

------------------
    I learn more about the world while talking to myself when fishing alone

FFFM,
    I had the pleasure of a Retreat at your Abby a number of years ago. I still recall the beautiful grounds and the incredible calm. Kansas, in January, and there were violets in bloom.

That was before I knew anything about flyfishing!! 'Spose I'd see things differently now? Nah! That was one of the most special times of my life, and nothing could change that!

Betty

------------------
    Trouts don't live in ugly places
    Trouts don't live in ugly places.

A friend is not who knows you the longest, but the one who came and never left your side.

Don't look back, we ain't goin' that way.

+ Reply to Thread