Quote Originally Posted by deepcreek View Post
I need to buy a new camera and waterproof is not my main priority. I just want the best picture possible while still operating on full automatic. Is there anything in the space between the point and shoot and the full body cameras that might have a better lens and picture quality for outdoor photos. Thanks
Hi deepcreek,

Gretchen & I use Nikons for most of our day-to-day work pictures like fly-tying step-by-steps, product shots, weddings, etc. but our grab and go camera is a Fugi HS10. It has a 28 - 700+ zoom, is 12 mp and functions well in auto or manual mode; it even automatically switches to macro mode if/when it finds the subject close enough. It's often referred to as a "bridge camera" because it looks like a DSLR but is really just a super zoom, fixed-lens camera. Our on-the-water camera is an old Optio W10 because it's water proof (for people like me who fall in the water often). The other cameras mentioned are all good as well but some of them are point & shoot and the HS10 is also just an exotic P&S. Good luck with your search and let us know what you decide to purchase. Take care & ...

Tight Lines - Gretchen & Al Beatty
www.btsflyfishing.com