+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: anything new and exciting in the camera field?

Hybrid View

Default anything new and exciting in the camera field?

I need to buy a new camera and waterproof is not my main priority. I just want the best picture possible while still operating on full automatic. Is there anything in the space between the point and shoot and the full body cameras that might have a better lens and picture quality for outdoor photos. Thanks

Yup. You've got megazoom compacts and travel zooms, as well as the enthusiast compacts like the Canon G-series.

If you're only shooting in full auto though, a basic, entry level point and shoot is still probably going to give you your best bang-for-buck.

Buy a Canon. They've been the leader in photography for years for a reason... That's all I will ever buy!
    The Green Hornet strikes again!!!

Blog Entries

I have a Canon Power Shot SX120 and I love it.

There's a really good article on Yahoo news this morning about gadgets for spring break under $200 and One of them I just ordered this morning USBcells AA rechargeable batteries from one of your USB ports. $18 for two of them. Pretty darn cheap.

Now I've read more than my fair share of posts right here on this board and many others complaining about having dropped their camera's in the water, The fugi looks like a good one, and they say "For $40 extra, you can upgrade to the Fuji FinePix XP30 Digital Camera and get GPS and geotagging capabilities."

Gonna be checking this one out, gotta give the wife some ideas for the birthday anyway.

http://shopping.yahoo.com/articles/y...ear-under-200/

I got a couple Nikons and a Pentax and love them. Olympus hasn't been great for us though. Canon are nice to. You best bet is to throughly check them all out and go with the one you feel comfortable with instead going with everyone opinions. Good luck!

what about a cannon 95s or a G12

S95*

And what about em?

Blog Entries

I have a G9 Canon. Really like it, but when I am on a fishing trip, I use my trusty little Canon Elf 12 megapixel. It is so much smaller and convenient and does take great pictures as well as movies. Can't go wrong with one of the Elf's!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Featherbender View Post
    S95*

And what about em?
    They both appear to be a step above the point and shoot but which would be the best for outdoor photos and does the dramatic difference in size hide many internal compromises?

+ Reply to Thread