+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Beware of the FLOODING PLEASE!

nighthawk Guest

Default Beware of the FLOODING PLEASE!

Hey folks plenty of us under sever weather and flooding threats tonight. Please take it seriously. I do care about all of us here and hope you all check in from time to time just to let us know you are alright. Here are some interactive maps for you:

http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/forec...7,1,8,2,9,15,6

http://water.weather.gov/ahps/forecasts.php

Click on the little dots to get river information. Please folks listen to your local stations and get out if the water comes up. Turn around don't drown. Get to high ground. There isn't any physical property that you own worth risking your life for.

I DO MEAN ALL OF YOU PLEASE!

nighthawk Guest

The Susquehanna is rising fast! Penn DOT is keeping a close eye on U.S. 11&15 as the river is trying to work it's way under the road bed in front of Liverpool. It has happened before and looks like it is happening again. That is what happens when your highways are built by the cheapest bidder I guess. Actually I don't think it matters because if old man river wants that land back he is going to take it.

Hope everyone is ok. On the way home from the market tonight it was snowing again.

Nighthawk, when is the Susquehanna to crest tomorrow or Sunday?

nighthawk Guest

Supposed to crest at Harrisburg about noon Saturday. 4 feet over flood stage so moderate flooding is forecast. The folks in Dauphin that live along the river and Marysville as well could get hit hard by this. At 5PM while driving home from work I noticed that only the top 1/4 or less of the aches on the Rockville Railroad Bridge were above water.

Sump pump is running constantly in our basement but keeping up, so far. If that pump goes out we could be in trouble.

+ Reply to Thread