Two friends of mine have them. I have tied quite a bit with one. They are a superb piece of engineering, beautifully put together. There is a but however.

Mostly I tie non rotary. I do use a lot of split thread techniques, this means spinning the bobbin a lot. I found it just didn't have the balance for a good spin. I have been told to place a finger along side the tube while spinning it. That does help the balance, but slows the spin. The result is that I have to spin the bobbin two or three times to get the same twist I get from one spin with the TMC ones I use. This extra time more than takes up any time saved rewinding the thread onto the bobbin. For the way I tie now there is no gain. There may even be a loss.

The other friend tells me, and I'll accept his word, that the Ekich does not have enough "travel" to use on his Nor Vice. He uses the Nor Bobbin for that. I have been considering a Nor Vice myself, and will, if I do get that, learn from his expensive mistake. As both he and I buy thread on 10 000 meter spools re spooling is needed for any bobbin holder.

Though I am impressed with it as a piece of engineering craftsmanship, it doesn't offer me anything for the extra expense.

Cheers,
A.