I have and use an Ekitch bobbin. Nice tool, fits the hand well and operates as described. As stated, there is a learning curve. I'm used to managing the thread tension with my hand, this is a no-no with the Ekitch. It regulates the thread tension for you. That is a bit uncomfortable for me, but seems to work well. One advantage of the Ekitch over the other automatic bobbin is that you can use the thread spools and not reload the thread on special spools. Be aware that not all thread spools are created equal. The Ekitch works like a champ with Danville spools, not so well with Gordon Griffith spools. As a result, I use Danville's with the Ekitch and my Nor-Bobbin with the Gordon Griffiths thread.

Threading the Ekitch requires a dental floss threader with a slightly singed end because of a bump where the ceramic tube starts. Metal bobbin threaders can damage a ceramic bobbin tube, so all I use are the dental floss thraders. However, locating the one with the slightly singed end on my very messy tying desk can be a pain.

Is the bobbin worth the money? Jury is still out for me. I've only been using it for a year, still haven't made up my mind.

REE