+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New vest style?

Hybrid View

Default New vest style?

Hey guys~I recently saw a vest advertised somewhere, designed to work with a backpack on. I think they offered it in black, as well as camo. Can't, for the life of me, remember who makes it or what it was called. (and I'm only 41) If that rings a bell to any of you, please post a link to it...this is driving me crazy! lol

Thanks,
    TZB

What makes a vest suitable for use with a backpack on? Is the back bare or the pockets in places where the shoulder straps don't sit?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but, it is all that I have found so far.....

http://leichichina.en.made-in-china....10-52373-.html

Also found this....

http://www.amazon.com/Fishpond-Wasat.../dp/B000GHL3HG
    Warren
    Fly fishing and fly tying are two things that I do, and when I am doing them, they are the only 2 things I think about. They clear my mind.

Thanks for the input guys, much appreciated. It was a vest I saw in the film "The Source New Zealand" from Gin Clear Media. I looked online for a preview, paused the video, and got a low-res., small screen cap~here it is;

I sent a message to GCM, I'll let you know what I hear back.

thanks again for the help!

TZB

I found the video which is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3OT...eature=related Your image is within the first few seconds. It seems that three things are going on at once re. clothing/packs. 1) he is carrying a blue backpack that is fairly large. 2) he is wearing a como 'T-shirt'. 3) he is wearing some kind of mottled orange vest that is mostly around his middle - it may have shoulder straps as well, but they can't be seen. Since the 'vest' is mottled orange, I wonder if it is for hunting or shooting.

I was also going to point out the Fishpond products as possibly meeting your need, they have two available at Cabelas, the larger one dissembling after you reach your destination to provide only a chest pack. William Joseph also has one.

I laughed when I looked at the two links provided by Warren. Often I think everything comes out of the same factory.

Yeah, it's the mottled orange-y camo vest thing. More like a pair of flat saddle bags. : ) Seriously though, I saw an ad for this product..but I'll be damned if I can remember who made it. Meant to be worn on it's own, or with a conventional backpack when hiking/fishing.

I think I'm going nuts. : )

As for coming from the same company~I work with a company that imports soft goods from China, and having an idea of what mark-up is involved with that stuff...I find it hard to lay out the amount of money they want for some of that gear. Back to my search...

+ Reply to Thread